Pennsylvania Partnerships for Children http://wesa.fm en Report Shows Dearth of Publicly Funded Pre-K in PA http://wesa.fm/post/report-shows-dearth-publicly-funded-pre-k-pa <p>A report on the accessibility of early education programs for young children shows the commonwealth has some work to do.<br /><br />Pennsylvania Partnerships for Children, an education advocacy group, has released its 2013 study on school “readiness” in the commonwealth.<br /><br />It finds less than 16 percent of three- and four-year-olds have access to publicly-funded pre-kindergarten.<br /><br />The remaining roughly 84 percent of children in the commonwealth may have access to private early education.<br /> Thu, 28 Nov 2013 08:30:00 +0000 Mary Wilson 20516 at http://wesa.fm Report Finds 1 in 20 Pennsylvania Children Uninsured http://wesa.fm/post/report-finds-1-20-pennsylvania-children-uninsured <p>More than twenty years after the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) became law, a new report finds that about 1 in 20 Pennsylvania children is still uninsured.</p><p>According to the second annual <a href="http://www.papartnerships.org/publication_files/2013-childrens-health-care-in-pa.pdf">State of Children’s Healthcare in Pennsylvania</a> report by the <a href="http://www.papartnerships.org/">Pennsylvania Partnerships for Children</a>, or PPC, nearly 148,000 children in the state lack health insurance.</p> Tue, 29 Oct 2013 07:30:00 +0000 Liz Reid 18864 at http://wesa.fm