The Faces of 90.5 WESA
Thu November 7, 2013
Autumn Coastal Destinations with the New Girl
Coastal Destinations make for the best fall travel, according to travel contributor Elaine Labalme.
With better prices on off-season and cozy spots for cuddling, Labalme outlines her top five waterfront excursions.
1. White Barn Inn in Kennebunkport, Maine- At this 5 star restaurant, dine in a gorgeous white barn situated on perfect autumn property.
2. Island of Nantucket in Cape Cod – Despite what you may think, the weather at Cape Cod in the fall is not chilly, but rather perfect for beach hopping.
3. Outer Banks – In the fall you can get to all 12 lighthouses and snack on seafood, along with traditional southern cuisine.
4. Manka’s Inverness Lodge, one hour north of San Francisco – Stay in rooms with “rustic elegance,” and indulge in their local and hearty food!
5. Tu-Tu-Tun Lodge- Great place to go river rafting and see the beautiful beaches.