Autumn Coastal Destinations with the New Girl
Coastal Destinations make for the best fall travel, according to travel contributor Elaine Labalme.
With better prices on off-season and cozy spots for cuddling, Labalme outlines her top five waterfront excursions.
1. White Barn Inn in Kennebunkport, Maine- At this 5 star restaurant, dine in a gorgeous white barn situated on perfect autumn property.
2. Island of Nantucket in Cape Cod – Despite what you may think, the weather at Cape Cod in the fall is not chilly, but rather perfect for beach hopping.
3. Outer Banks – In the fall you can get to all 12 lighthouses and snack on seafood, along with traditional southern cuisine.
4. Manka’s Inverness Lodge, one hour north of San Francisco – Stay in rooms with “rustic elegance,” and indulge in their local and hearty food!
5. Tu-Tu-Tun Lodge- Great place to go river rafting and see the beautiful beaches.