The Faces of 90.5 WESA
Tue March 18, 2014
The Business of French Products
This week, contributor Rebecca Harris looked at the connection French businesses and products have to our commercial sector.
France is the sixth largest foreign investor in the Pittsburgh region, with 27 French-owned companies that operate about 50 establishments in the area.
Here are some Pittsburgh businesses with a French connection:
- Alcatel Lucent is a global telecommunications equipment company that provides products in IP and cloud networking.
- Lafarge is an industrial company that specializes in cement, concrete, construction aggregates and gypsum wallboard. It’s the world’s largest cement manufacturer.
- Ansys, an engineering simulation software developer helped to run simulations for the development of swimsuits for the 2012 Summer Olympics.
- Paris 66 Bistro in East Liberty provides a full dinner menu with authentic French dishes made with local, fresh ingredients. The bistro offers crepes with crème fraiche, pâté and haricots verts, and it was voted "Best French Restaurant" by Pittsburgh Magazine.
- Jean-Marc Chatellier's French Bakery in Millvale offers the rich pasteries of France's Brittany region. Jean-Marc sells macarons in a multitude of colors and flavors as well as almond brioche and croissants.