The Faces of 90.5 WESA
Thu October 3, 2013
Fall Festivals Lineup Includes Fire Truck Pull & Apple Pancakes
As autumn arrives and trees transform their tint, fall festivals appear throughout the region. Travel contributor Elaine Labalme shares some of her favorites of the season.
1. Annual Pumpkin Fest in Confluent, PA: This festival runs October 4-6 and features a ride through the GAP trail and a “Tough Man Fire Truck Pull.”
2. Fall Foliage Festival in Bedford, PA: Check out the gorgeous covered bridges in this beautiful town.
3. 49th Annual National Apple Harvest Festival near Gettysburg, PA: Featured as one of the best festivals of 2013 according to National Geographic, this festival highlights the rich apple culture of the region with apple pies, jellies, pancakes and orchard tours.
4. The Harvest Festival along the Brandywine Valley Wine Trail: For $12 visitors can buy a “passport” for tastings at four wineries.
5. 40th Annual Apple Butter Frolic by the Mennonites in Eastern PA: Come explore the culture of the Mennonite people and try some of their tasty creations!