For year-round chills and thrills, travel contributor Elaine Labalme offers her top five list for best spooky vacation spots.
1. Savannah, GA - Visit the Bonaventure Cemetery, highlighted in Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil and make sure to stay at one of the many beautiful Bed and Breakfasts. Then check out Wiley’s Championship Barbeque and order the “redneck” nachos.
2. New Orleans, LA - Full of a rich voodoo history, the Big Easy is full of spooky attractions. Go to Marie Laveau’s House of VooDoo on Bourbon Street and stay at the Hotel Monteleone, the scariest hotel in New Orleans
3. St. Augustine, FL - Take a Paranormal Adventurers Ghost Tour if you dare and book a room at the Casa Monica Hotel. If you’re brave, stay at the haunted room on the third floor.
4. Charleston, SC - Take a tour on a mule-drawn carriage through the Old Exchange Provost Dungeon.
5. Stay in Pittsburgh! - Visit the internationally acclaimed Scarehouse where everyone is real and everything is scary.