Job Description: Individual Giving Manager
Status : Full-time exempt
Reports to: Director of Development
The individual giving manager develops and implements listener-generated fundraising strategies to ensure continued revenue growth and long-term financial stability at Pittsburgh Community Broadcasting Corporation.
The individual giving manager works closely with the director of development and fellow team members to meet the listener-generated fundraising goals of Pittsburgh Community Broadcasting. Listener support accounts for the single largest revenue stream from sister stations 91.3 WYEP and 90.5 WESA, with a goal of approximately $2.5 million and tremendous growth potential. S/he participates in strategic development planning and coordinates all individual giving programs for the stations, as well as assisting with mid-level and major gifts solicitation and cultivation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Fundraising, solicitation and cultivation
- Develop and execute listener-based fundraising strategies, including direct mail, telemarketing, online giving, email and social media campaigns.
- Create acquisition, lapsed donor, renewal series and additional gift appeals as needed. Work closely with all vendors to ensure timely execution and delivery of both ongoing and seasonal mailings/ campaigns. This includes a monthly, eight-hit renewal cycle and two-three lapsed and additional gift campaigns for each station.
- Create e-solicitation campaigns to complement direct mail and on-air fundraising campaigns, as well as stand-alone e-mail appeals.
- Actively participate in on-air membership drive planning and implementation, including goals, messaging, thank-you gifts, strategies and production.
- Working with director of development, create and implement comprehensive tiered donor benefits program.
- Assist with major and mid-level donor cultivation and solicitation, including donor research, communication and moves management.
- Research and recommend additional revenue opportunities where appropriate.
- Serve as primary contact person for vehicle donation program for both stations.
- Create and implement marketing and communication strategies to increase awareness and revenue from vehicle donations.
- Develop and implement strategies to turn vehicle donors into annual and/or sustaining donors
- Oversee and maintain department budget as it applies to membership functions, tracking expenses and keeping organized records.
- Perform due diligence and negotiations to ensure most beneficial vendor relationships.
- Serve as primary community liaison for external fundraising opportunities such as Day of Giving.
- Develop and oversee strategic matching gifts program, soliciting matching gifts and following up on current members who have indicated their employer has a matching gifts program in place. Work with director of development and marketing department to develop on and off-air marketing strategies to grow this revenue stream.
- Work with director of development to develop monthly, annual and long-term fund development goals and plans for the organization
- Work closely with fellow development team members to ensure success of overall department goals, long-term growth and donor retention
- Attend and participate in weekly team meetings and other meetings as directed
- Represent stations at events as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Required skills and experience
- Bachelor’s degree with five or more years of progressive non-profit fundraising experience. Public broadcasting experience preferred.
- Proven success in direct mail, telemarketing, email and online giving. On-air fundraising experience highly desired.
- Strong analytical skills and database management experience. Experience with Allegiance fundraising software a plus.
- Highly organized self-starter with strong time management skills and excellent attention to detail
- Ability to take direction as well as be an enthusiastic team player.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; must be comfortable interacting with constituents in person and on the phone.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once and meet deadlines as required.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and compatible programs. Familiarity with social media platforms. Experience with Constant Contact a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability and willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends, with some long days required during peak fundraising times.
- Strong judgement, sense of ethics, integrity and accountability.
- Passion for and knowledge of public media and its mission.
Pittsburgh Community Broadcasting Corporation offers:
Salary commensurate with experience and an excellent benefits package that includes medical insurance, paid medical leave, 403(b) plan with matching contributions, paid vacation and holidays, and a workplace culture that is fun, diverse and progressive.
For consideration, please submit cover letter, resume, samples of successful fundraising appeals and at least three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your response, let us know how you heard about the position.
Please, no phone calls.
PCBC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and actively seeks diversity in the workforce.