Pittsburgh Community Broadcasting Job Posting
POSITION: IT Manager
STATUS: Full-time, exempt
REPORTS TO: Director of Finance and Administration
Pittsburgh Community Broadcasting Corporation (PCBC) is seeking an experienced IT Manager to oversee all IT functions for the company. This position is charged with maintaining and managing the company’s information technology assets and operations, and will be responsible for the design and implementation of IT systems and policies. The goal will be to assure that the desktops, servers, network and other IT systems work reliably and effectively and that the company's IT policies are in line with current standards.
This is a newly created position that will manage IT systems for a growing and vibrant broadcast company with a complex technical environment. Resourcefulness is a necessary skill in this role, as is the ability to operate independently as a single point of contact for IT related matters. This individual should be able to diagnose and resolve IT problems quickly and should have the patience to communicate with a variety of interdisciplinary teams and users with varying levels of IT experience. This position will need to work cooperatively with the broadcast engineering and digital operations staff in sharing key technical resources.
- Manage our information technology, computer and electronic data systems
- Install, configure and maintain hardware, software and networks
- Work with broadcast engineering to efficiently and effectively share network resources
- Monitor system performance and troubleshooting issues
- Design, develop, implement and coordinate systems, policies and procedures including a maintenance log for all equipment
- Ensure security and efficiency of data, network access and backup systems
- Devise and establish IT policies and systems to support the strategies set by upper management and the business requirements each department
- Oversee annual budget and ensure cost effectiveness
- BS in Computer Science, MIS or similar field
- Proven experience as IT Manager or similar role
- Proven ability to install, configure and upgrade software and hardware, manage accounts and workstations manage network servers and technology tools, monitor performance and maintain systems, troubleshoot issues and outages
- Experience with databases, networks (LAN, WAN) and patch management
- Knowledge of system security (e.g. intrusion, prevention/detection/mitigation systems) and data backup/recovery
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude
- Experience in set up and maintaining Windows, Mac, and Linux workstations and servers
- Strong interpersonal & analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Understanding of and passion for the mission of Pittsburgh Community Broadcasting Corporation
PCBC is an independent, locally owned, community supported public media organization. PCBC is home to Pittsburgh’s NPR News station, 90.5 WESA, and 91.3 WYEP, serving Pittsburgh and the surrounding communities of Western Pennsylvania. PCBC serves the more than 2 million residents of Pittsburgh and its surrounding communities by leveraging the power of media to inform, inspire and entertain. We engage audiences and cultivate conversations that strengthen, enrich and improve the communities we serve.
- 90.5 WESA was launched in 2011 (in partnership with Pittsburgh’s philanthropic community) with an NPR news format. Its stated mission is “to work for the public to inform people in ways that engage and inspire them to create dialogue about community issues and stories.”
- 91.3 WYEP was founded in 1974 as an all-volunteer community licensed radio station. It broadcasts a diverse offering of adult alternative music, provides community education programs, and presents a large number of highly visible events and concerts in the region. Its mission is to “enrich the community through musical discovery, expression and education.”
In addition to radio programming, both stations play an active role in engaging the community through online and mobile services and in-person events, and have a prominent voice in Pittsburgh’s civic and cultural affairs. Each week more than 200,000 Southwestern Pennsylvanians listen to PCBC broadcasts and tens of thousands more engage with our content through our websites and mobile digital services.
Benefits and More
Pittsburgh Community Broadcasting Corporation offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package that includes medical insurance, paid medical leave, 403(b) plan with matching contributions, paid vacation and holidays and a workplace culture that is fun, diverse and innovative.
This position is available immediately, and the search for candidates may be terminated without notice. No phone calls, please.
Applicants are invited to send a cover letter, a detailed resume highlighting your specific qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org . In your email, please include your salary requirements and let us know how you heard about the position.
Pittsburgh Community Broadcasting Corporation is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.