Job Description: Member Services Manager
Status: Full-time exempt
Reports to: Director of Development
The member services manager oversees all donor relations maintenance for sister stations WESA and WYEP and works to ensure a positive, long-term relationship through stewardship and customer service.
The member services manager oversees all stewardship and donor cultivation efforts of the membership department. S/he manages the sustaining member program, which represents almost half of the donor base. S/he is responsible for addressing all member communications, including phone, email and paper mail. S/he ensures prompt acknowledgments for all gifts and timely distribution of thank-you gifts and implementation of all member benefit. S/he plays a key role in donor satisfaction and retention.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Daily: handle all donor correspondence and distribute comments/concerns to appropriate departments as needed. Respond in a timely manner and note member records accordingly. Work to ensure effective and long-term problem resolution.
- Take phone donations and monitor donation email confirmations to address any concerns that appear in the “comments” field of online gifts.
- Weekly (minimum): process all donor thank-you letters to ensure timely acknowledgment of gifts via mail merge. Update letters as necessary and coordinate all messaging appropriately.
- Monthly (minimum): process all thank-you gifts, maintain inventory and recommend new orders as needed.
- Develop and implement “new member welcome” strategies.
- Coordinate day sponsorship program, including scheduling and messaging
- Serve as primary contact person for sustaining members.
- Oversee credit card recapture process, including mailings, phone calls and email strategies.
- Coordinate seasonal sustainer cultivation efforts, including thank-you gift offers and upgrade asks.
- Research and make recommendations to continually improve the sustaining member program.
- Coordinate Live & Direct sessions with programming staff, creating member emails, creating reservation pages, conducting lottery as necessary and communicating with members.
- Coordinate other member benefit events as opportunities arise, including member presale opportunities, member shows, etc. Coordinate with marketing and web staff as needed
- Monthly: generate and mail monthly reminders for open pledges.
- Generate and arrange mailing of yearly tax receipts.
- Monitor postage accounts, stationery inventory, order department supplies.
- Assist with gift processing as needed, including entering checks, verifying and uploading web gifts.
- Work closely with fellow development team members to ensure success of overall department goals, long-term growth and donor retention
- Attend and participate in weekly team meetings and other meetings as directed
- Represent stations at events as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Required skills and experience:
- College degree or equivalent experience.
- Excellent customer service skills with a minimum of five years’ experience
- Database management experience.
- Highly organized self-starter with strong time management skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to take direction as well as be an enthusiastic team player
- Excellent interpersonal skills; must be comfortable interacting with constituents in person and on the phone
- Self-starter with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once and meet deadlines as required
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability and willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends, with some long days required during peak fundraising times
- Strong judgement, sense of ethics, integrity and accountability
- Passion for and knowledge of public media and its mission
Pittsburgh Community Broadcasting Corporation offers:
Salary commensurate with experience and an excellent benefits package that includes medical insurance, paid medical leave, 403(b) plan with matching contributions, paid vacation and holidays and a workplace culture that is fun, diverse and progressive.
For consideration, please submit cover letter, resume, and at least three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your response, let us know how you heard about the position.
Please, no phone calls.
PCBC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and actively seeks diversity in the workforce.