Posted Jan. 3, 2018 and Open Until Filled
Pittsburgh Community Broadcasting Corporation (PCBC) and stations 90.5 WESA and 91.3 WYEP in Pittsburgh, PA is seeking a SPECIAL EVENTS MANAGER to produce multiple public and private events throughout the year, which represent unique opportunities for content sharing, audience engagement, fundraising and positive presence in the community. The Special Events Manager is responsible for the production and execution of all PCBC community, fundraising, private and internal events. The position manages all logistics and production for public and private events including WYEP summer concerts, station fundraising events, membership and donor cultivation events, WESA editorial events and local visits from national programs and hosts.
· Creation of timelines for all events and communication of critical deadlines to all internal and external personnel.
· Execution and timely delivery of all production vendor and artist contracts and agreements.
· Management of relationships with venues and community partners to insure that all logistical information is being shared and is understood.
· Collaboration with Corporate Support team on event sponsorship agreements to ensure that all agreements are honored properly.
· Presence at events and coordination of on-site activities, including sponsorship presence.
The Special Events Manager works collaboratively with the Programming, Development, Corporate Support and Marketing departments to ensure that organizational goals are being met, gathering and sharing critical operational information with other departments. The Special Event Manager is on-site at all WYEP and WESA events to oversee the flow and logistics and make sure the event is executed successfully. The Special Events Manager also coordinates the schedule for the use of facilities in the Community Broadcast Center.
The successful candidate will have:
· At least three years of event production experience and a strong track record of coordinating different types of special events.
· Excellent organizational skills, detail oriented and ability to track many pieces of vital information effectively.
· Excellent communications and decision making skills, ability to stay calm under pressure and handle non-routine situations with command and ease.
· Passion for the programming and mission of WESA and WYEP and knowledge of the greater Pittsburgh community.
· Physical work required, such as lifting and carrying items over 25 lbs. Must be available for regular evening and weekend hours.
· Clean driving record and ability to operate a motor vehicle, including large vehicles such as cargo vans.
This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to have an impact on the growth and long term sustainability of Pittsburgh Community Broadcasting Corporation. Salary is commensurate with experience and the benefits package includes medical and dental insurance, short term and long term disability coverage, life insurance, 403(b) plan with matching contributions and paid vacation and holidays.
Applicants are invited to send cover letter, resume, salary history, and professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please, no phone calls.
PCBC is Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer and actively seeks diversity in the workforce.