The Faces of 90.5 WESA
Behavioral Health Reporter
General Assignment Reporter
Director of Internships & Training; Executive Producer for Special News Projects
Host, Essential Pittsburgh
Senior News Editor
Weekend Host and General Assignment Reporter
Reporter/Host, All Things Considered
Host, Morning Edition & Speaking Volumes
90.5 WESA Production Director; Host & Operations Manager for JazzWorks
90.5 WESA Operations Manager & JazzWorks Host
Thu January 23, 2014
Regional Museums: From Toothpick Ships to Grace Kelley Exhibits
By Essential Pittsburgh
Combat the polar vortex and set your sights toward some fantastic regional museums.
Spend a day or a weekend and catch Elaine Labalme's fab five traveling and permanent exhibits, just a short drive away.
- Michener Art Museum near North Philadelphia -- Currently showing a Grace Kelley exhibit, get to know the Princess before she was crowned.
- American Visionary Art Museum in Baltimore – Experience the work of self-taught artists including a ship made of thousands of toothpicks. Labalme praises the Baltimore icon, saying, “I never get tired of this museum.”
- Cleveland Museum of Art – This Hank Willis Thomas showcase highlights a new perspective of black men in society.
- Detroit Institute of Art – Familiarize yourself with this permanent collection of works enmeshed with the city’s bankruptcy battle.
- The Wexner Center for the Arts in Columbus, Ohio – The museum may be small, but it is a bustling display of travelling film and photography.