Super Bowl Viewers to Order 1.23 Billion Chicken Wings
While the beloved Steelers won’t be playing in this year’s Super Bowl, residents of the City of Champions still enjoy watching the annual football game.
As one of the largest watched TV broadcasts each year, the economic impact of the football game reaches all facets of the tradition.
Super Bowl revenue includes everything from commercial payments to transportation and restaurant packages. This year the game will be played on February 2nd at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey.
Rebecca Harris, business contributor and Director of the Center for Women’s Entrepreneurship at Chatham University explains that this game will be a first for shared hosting by New Jersey and New York, as well as the first time the game will be played outdoors in cold weather conditions.
By the numbers:
- 1.23 billion chicken wings are going to be sold over Super Bowl Sunday
- 48 million Americans are going to order take-out
- 8 million pounds of avocados are going to be mashed up
- 50 million cases of beers will be consumed 7 million people will call in sick the following Monday
-Antacid sales go up 20% the day after Super Bowl Sunday
Where are Pittsburgh Super Bowl parties?
- McFadden’s- must sign up!