The man had just risen from the dead.
He’s in his mid-20s. Sitting on a couch, pale as a ghost, sweaty, wide-eyed, disoriented — like he had just woken up from a nightmare.
“What happened?” asks Delray Beach Police Department Sgt. Ed McCabe.
“I guess ... I overdosed,” the man says.
The man’s roommates found him unconscious and he was turning blue, not breathing. He was overdosing on heroin. They pulled out two auto-injectors of naloxone — an overdose reversal drug — and jabbed them into his thigh.
He came to.
“How much did you use?” asks McCabe.