How to hear 90.5 WESA :
- Over the air: 90.5 WESA can be heard on 90.5 FM in Pittsburgh, PA; 92.3 FM in New Baltimore; 100.5 FM in Johnstown, and 104.1 FM in Ligonier and Somerset.
- HD radio : 90.5 WESA is also transmitted as 90.5 HD1. We offer 24/7 broadcasting of the BBC World Service on 90.5 HD3. 90.5 HD2 is our jazz service, JazzWorks.
- Listening to streams : Above the menu bar, you can click on the stream you want to listen to; it should begin to play immediately. You can also listen to our streams in your favorite audio player using the stream URLs above.
Want to know what's on right now? Check our schedule here.
Smartphone or tablet apps:
- 90.5 WESA has a new app. Find it on iTunes and Google Play.
- NPR One is kind of like Pandora for public radio. You can hear national newscasts, peppered with local features, podcasts and shows. Make sure you’re listening to local content by tapping the menu bar and choosing 90.5 WESA as your home station.
- The NPR News app provides local and national news wherever you are. You can sign up for alerts, so you’re always aware of breaking news or other coverage.
Smart speakers: These are some general commands that make it easy to listen at home.
- “Alexa, play W-E-S-A in Pittsburgh.” Make sure to spell our letters out, and it helps to add “in Pittsburgh” at the end. Sometimes the tech still needs a helping (human) hand. This is a live stream, just like what you’d hear on a traditional radio.
- “Alexa, play the latest news from NPR.” This will bring you the latest 5-minute newscast, updated every hour.
- “Alexa, play [WESA show or podcast name].” To play the latest episode of a specific WESA show or podcast.
Not an Amazon customer? No problem. These commands also work with Google Home. Instead of beginning with “Alexa,” start with “OK Google,” instead. NPR has more detailed instructions here. Instructions for Apple Homepod should be coming soon.
Subscribe to our podcasts on iTunes, Google Play, NPR One and Stitcher:
- Each week reporters, editors and bloggers join 90.5 WESA’s Kevin Gavin for an in-depth look at important stories to the Pittsburgh region on The Confluence.
- Criminal Injustice dives deep into the American criminal justice system with University of Pittsburgh Law Professor David Harris.
- Wondering what type of impact the Trump administration will have on the environment? Check out Allegheny Front’s Trump on Earth podcast.
- Grapple, from our public media partners at Keystone Crossroads, features personal narratives and conversations with people across the state encountering a changing world.
Find us on social media:
- You can follow the station on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
- Find all our newsroom staffers on a link here.
- And consider following our in-house partners WYEP, Generation Listen Pittsburgh, The Allegheny Front, StateImpact Pennsylvania and Keystone Crossroads.
Get WESA in your inbox:
Subscribe to 90.5 WESA’s e-newsletter and receive regular updates about our most compelling stories, upcoming events and station news.
Other streaming options:
- 90.5 WESA: https://playerservices.streamtheworld.com/api/livestream-redirect/WESAFM.mp3
- JazzWorks: https://playerservices.streamtheworld.com/api/livestream-redirect/WESAHD2.mp3
- WESA on iTunes: http://playerservices.streamtheworld.com/pls/WESAFM.pls
- JazzWorks on iTunes: https://playerservices.streamtheworld.com/pls/WESAHD2.pls
Need help? We have a handy 'How To' to help you with our players here.