Life of Learning Public Forum: What Should Pittsburgh's Future Education System Look Like?
Join us for a 90.5 WESA Life of Learning community forum on the evolution of learning in Pittsburgh. Come and ask questions and help us help the community grow.
It will be held on Tuesday, March 18th at the Community Broadcast Center on the South Side at 67 Bedford Square. Doors open at 6:30 and the forum begins at 7. Among the topics posed, we'll explore:
• What are the roles of teachers, parents, support organizations in helping to build that system?
• What role does technology play in developing and implementing a learning system? How are teachers supported by schools to master the technological tools?
• The evolution of learning in the U.S.: what’s next? The current system was designed to meet different needs and expectations.
• What does a world class education look like?
The panelists include:
· Dr. Linda Hippert, executive director of the AIU
· Dr. Olga Welch, dean of the School of Education at Duquesne University
· Patrick Dowd, former Pittsburgh School Board member and executive director of Allies for Children
· Ms. Michelle King, a teacher at Frick Environmental Charter School and passionate activist for education
· Dr. Wendell McConnaha, director of the Falk Laboratory School
Questions? Contact Kevin Gavin at 412-697-2948