Museums in Washington D.C. Have More to See This Fall
With summer heat a distant memory, plenty of free museums and not a lot of travel time required – it’s a great time to visit our nation’s capital.
Travel contributor Elaine Labalme shares some of her favorite spots in Washington D.C.
1. Visit some of the 19 free Smithsonian Museums. Labalme says “don’t miss” to many of the new galleries:
- “Souvenir Nation” at the Smithsonian Castle
- “One Life” at the National Portrait Gallery
- “Changing America” at the National Museum of American History
2. National Geographic Museum: Make sure to see the Women of Vision gallery featuring photojournalists from around the world.
3. Phillips Collection: Check out this rare exhibit of Van Gogh work, get your tickets in advance!
4. National Postal Museum: Visit the totally interactive William H. Gross Stamp Gallery where the “history of stamps mirrors the history of America.”
5. Teaism: An expanded menu at this small tea house.
6. Bus Boys and Poets: Make a reservation for Sunday brunch
7. Liaison Capitol Hill Hotel: With great deals and free bikes, this package is ideal.